By Ashutosh Kar
Read or Download Advanced Practical Medicinal Chemistry PDF
Best chemistry books
The workplace of employee overall healthiness and security (EH-5) lower than the Assistant Secretary for the surroundings, protection and wellbeing and fitness of the U. S. division of power (DOE) has released handbooks to be used through DOE contractors coping with amenities and tactics lined by way of the Occupational safeguard and well-being management (OSHA) Rule for method protection administration of hugely unsafe chemical compounds (29 CFR 1910.
- Electrodeposition from Ionic Liquids
- Chemistry of Waste Minimization
- Molecular Scatering: Physical and Chemical Applications
- Viscoelasticity, Atomistic Models, Statistical Chemistry
- A Chemists Guide to Density Functional Theory
- Comprehensive coordination chemistry: the synthesis, reactions, properties & applications of coordination compounds
Additional resources for Advanced Practical Medicinal Chemistry
2) Ozonolysis of Cyclopentene (A) or Cyclohexene (B) to yield target-drug-molecules havO ing two carbonyl C functions extended across 5 or 6 carbons apart : F GG H I JJ K Cyclopentene (A) upon ozonolysis undergoes cleavage to give rise to an open-chain compound having carbonyl moieties at C-1 and C-5 positions ; whereas, cyclohexene (B) yields a cleaved product that bears the carbonyl functions at C-1 and C-6 respectively. 2 Decarboxylation. , elimination of the —COOH moiety as CO2, is of restricted and limited utility for aromatic acids, and extremely important for certain β-keto acids and β-diacids (or substituted aliphatic acids : malonic acids).
However, it is found that the reduction of triple bonds is comparatively faster than the corresponding double bonds ; and the on-going reaction may be arrested (stopped) at the double-bond stage by the aid of a modified catalyst. Lastly, the catalytic hydrogenation of the aromatic nuclii is normally extremely slow and sluggish. D. Cyclic Reactions It has been examined and observed that the cyclizations to produce five- and six-membered rings are significantly faster than their intermolecular counterparts.
From a close-look of the target-drug-molecule the researcher may logically ponder over the ways and means to accomplish their objective through the kinds of reaction(s) to make use in a sequential manner. In other words, the strategic attack on the target-drug-molecule may be conveniently and formally divided into two major components, namely : (a) Basic Carbon Skeleton. The importance of the basic carbon skeleton present in the conceived and proposed target-drug-molecule structure in any synthesis, cannot be ruled out.
Advanced Practical Medicinal Chemistry by Ashutosh Kar